Things to do in Plano, TX
Stay and play awhile. There are so many things to do in Plano, TX and Aloft Plano is just a few miles from all of them including great theater and art venues, and lots of unique museums. We're also surrounded by great golf courses and just a short drive from lovely Lewisville Lake. We are also very close to several interesting things to do Frisco, TX and all of the amazing shopping and sports venues, like Stonebriar Centre and Dr. Pepper Ballpark.
Looking to spend some time in Dallas? We are located just 20 minutes from downtown and all that Dallas/Ft. Worth has to offer.
Traveling in town for business? We are in the perfect location to make your business travel easy breezy. We are located right in the heart of big business headquarters like Ericsson, Toyota, JCPenney, Pepsi Company, Frito-Lay, Inc and Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group, and 25 minutes from the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
- Angelika Film Center (0.6 miles) - Come take in a film and experience this unique five screen boutique cinema. Afterward, grab a drink and a snack at the Angelika Cafe & Bar located on the second floor.
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve (3.3 miles) – Explore the outdoors at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. The 200-acre park is perfect for walking, running, biking, and outdoor sports.
- Heritage Farmstead Museum (11.3 miles) – Learn about how farms were operated in the late 19th and early 20thcentury at the Heritage Farmstead Museum.
- Fairview Farms Marketplace (14.0 miles) – Enjoy a unique shopping experience at Fairview Farms Marketplace. In addition to fresh local produce, guests can experience a petting zoo, pony rides, games, and more.
- ArtCentre of Plano (13.3 miles) – Check out an art exhibit at the ArtCentre of Plano. Before your visit, take a peek at the events calendar for fun and interesting activities.
- Historic Downtown Plano (12.8 miles) – Tour Plano’s downtown historic area and find a variety of things to do. Grab a bite to eat, shop at unique boutiques, or meet some friends for a drink after a day of work.
- Interurban Railway Museum (12.9 miles) – During a visit to downtown Plano, visit the Interurban Railway Museum, where you can learn about some of the original electric trains that ran from Denison to Waco Texas.
- North Texas Masonic Historical Museum and Library (13.0 miles) - Learn about how Plano was founded in the 1850’s and how Masonry was established in the North Texas region at the North Texas Masonic Historical Museum and Library.
- Shops at Legacy (0.8 miles) - Located in Plano, Texas, The Shops at Legacy is an urban lifestyle center with unique shopping, award-winning restaurants, and lounges. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind shopping trip then relax with us at Aloft Plano.